Thursday, May 30, 2013

Appointment Update: 36 weeks 4 days

Well, we had another appointment today at FCI. We had an MRI, ultra sound, BPP, and NST done today. BPP went good like last week, 8 out of 8. The LHR increased from 2.9 to 3.15... I know it is a small improvement but bigger is better :)!! We do not have the results of the MRI yet from the radiologist, when he reads it he will give us an estimated lung volume, hopefully better then the last MRI results/volumes. The MRI and ultra sound did show that the stomach is above the diaphragm as well as the small intestines but the rest of his organs are below the diaphragm still which is good. Wyatt's NST was good which eased this mama's nerves. I remember doing these tests when I worked in the OB department and never really thought twice about the story behind the reasoning for the tests, but I am defiantly wondering now if any of those moms/babies were dealing with the same type of situation as we are.  Dr. Vlastos, our regular doctor, is still out of town but the MD filling in for him seems to think we will be able to deliver at St. Mary's with out a CSection as long as things stay stable... This makes me very happy but very nervous as well! I hate that I know what can go wrong with 'normal' deliveries and/or inductions. I am going to have to try to forget all of that and do my best to get baby Wyatt here as safe as possible.
It seems weird to think that in a matter of 10-14 days I am going to have a little baby boy, I am going to be  a mom.... To a baby with CDH. I am so ready to meet our little guy, so ready to be a mom... but very much petrified to think of what my baby will have to go through. I am so scared to think of how I am going to handle the tough situations that lie ahead of me. All I can do is continue to pray that God can give Wyatt the strength he needs to battle this hurdle, that God will help me and my family down the rough road ahead, and that God can give the doctors and nurses the skills, knowledge, and abilities to get my baby home healthy and safe.
Until next time...
Baby Wyatt 5-30-13, he looks so comfortable, cuddly, and safe.... Almost wish he could stay like this forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment